STORAGE SYSTEM ARCHITECTURE
Storage system architecture are specialized environments that safeguard the company’s most valuable information.
It store and manage the data in large amount which require specialized designs, greater reliability and manageability.
It support the following things-
- Process the business transactions.
- Process and share your intellectual property.
- Route your emails.
- Maintain your financial records.
Purpose of Storage System Architecutre:
The main purpose of storage system architecture is running the applications that handle the core business and operational data of the organization.
The data should have access available anywhere and anytime and should be secure.
For basic functionality of storage system architecture five elements are required they are as follows-
- Application: It is a computer program which provides the logic for computing operations.
- Database: It provides a structured way to store data in logically organized tables that are interrelated.It optimizes the operation.
- Server and OS: A computing platform that runs application and databases.
- Network: used for communication between client and server.
- Storage array: It stores data persistently.
An example for the storage of information showing its flow for management-
- Customer places an order through an application user interface of the order processing application software located on the client software.
- Client is connected to server through LAN and accesses the DBMS for processing.
- Server is installed with OS and required database .using this database,server read and write database on storage array.
- Storage network provides communication link between the server and the storage array.
- Storage array receive command from the server and it perform necessary operation to store the data on physical disks.