- Memory Management: It keeps tracks of primary memory i.e what part of it are in use by whom, what part are not in use etc. Allocates the memory when the process or program request it.
- Processor Management: Allocate the processor(CPU) to a process. Deallocate processor when processor is no longer required.
- Device Management Keep tracks of all devices. This is also called I/O controller. Decides which process gets the device when and for how much time.
- File Management: Allocates the resources. De-allocates the resource. Decides who gets the resources.
- Security: By means of passwords & similar other techniques, preventing unauthorized access to programs & data.
- Error-detecting aids: Production of dumps, traces, error messages and other debugging and error-detecting methods.
EasyExamNotes.com © 2022