Cloud Asset management is a dedicated application which is used to record and track an asset throughout its life cycle, from occupying to disposal. It provides an organization with information like where certain assets are located, who is using them, how they are being utilized and details about the asset.
CAM is primarily about managing the challenges of cloud applications, platforms and infrastructure (SaaS, PaaS and IaaS). For instance:
- Inability to track and manage the growing use of SaaS applications and providers
- Lack of a centralized view of Cloud resources and consumption
- Limited access to SaaS subscription data
- Limited access to actual SaaS, IaaS and PaaS usage data
Benefits of Cloud Asset Management (CAM):
- Accurate tracking of key applications delivered in the Cloud
- Overcome the limitations of Cloud portals, by providing access to a single centralized view
- Expanded access to data and improved analysis and reporting
- Granular insight into SaaS, IaaS and PaaS usage across your organization
- Combine Cloud and on-premise deployment data for a complete end-to-end view of your IT ecosystem
- Accurate, complete view of investments and their usage across the whole IT estate enables better cost control
- Access all the information needed to ensure a successful migration to the Cloud.