- Rapid Application Development Model.
- It is a type of Incremental Model.
- It is high speed adaptation of Waterfall model.
- In it projects are developed in component as mini projects.
- Than mini projects are assembled in a single project.
- It takes very short period of time to construct a project.
- Customers can give feedback easily on mini projects as well as on complete project.
Following is the illustration of RAD Model:
Advantages of RAD Model:
- Increases re-usability of components.
- Less development time.
- Quick initial responses.
- Encourages customer feedback’s.
- Involvement of end users from very beginning solves lot of development issues.
Disadvantages of RAD Model:
- Projects which can be developed into mini projects/components can use RAD Model.
- Requires strong and skilled developers team.
- Cost is very high..
When to use RAD Model:
- When there is need to develop system within short period of time (2-3 months).
- When there is high availability of developers.
- When budget is high enough to afford the development cost.