Compilation is a process by Compiler.Compilation having mainly 2 parts:
1. Analysis: Divide source code in to components. Create an intermediate representation of source code.
2. Synthesis: It generates desired target code from above intermediate representation.
- Structure editors
- Pretty Printers
- Static checkers
- Structure editors : Analyze program text, creates text, methods. It uses sequences of commands Build source code.
- Pretty printers: First program is analyzed by the pretty printers. It represent the source code which can be easily understand by the programmer.
- Static checkers : It is a checker which read source code, it analyzes source code, and than find out the bugs.
- Interpreters : Execute sequence of commands. It directly converts source code in to machine readable form.
a. Target machine : A computer on which compiled program is to be run.
b. Cross compiler: A program which compiled on computer A but that compiled programed can be run on computer B.
c. Compiler – Compiler: Tool to simplify the construction of compiler.