Skip to content
1. Downloading Python:
- Visit the official Python website at https://www.python.org/downloads/.
- Choose the version of Python you want to install (usually the latest stable version is recommended).
- Download the installer appropriate for your operating system (Windows, macOS, or Linux).
2. Installing Python:
- Windows: Double-click the downloaded installer, follow the on-screen instructions, and make sure to check the “Add Python to PATH” option during installation.
- macOS: Run the downloaded installer package, follow the prompts, and ensure that you have “Install for all users” and “Add Python to PATH” selected.
- Linux: Python is often pre-installed on Linux systems. You can use your package manager to install it (e.g., ‘sudo apt-get install python3’ on Ubuntu/Debian).
3. Verifying Installation:
- Open a terminal (or Command Prompt on Windows) and type python –version (for Python 2) or python3 –version (for Python 3) to verify that Python is installed.