Skip to content
What do you mean by managerial skills?
- Managerial skills are abilities that help people in leadership roles effectively handle their responsibilities.
- These skills can be grouped into three categories: technical skills, human skills, and conceptual skills.
- Technical skills involve specific knowledge and expertise in a particular field or industry.
- Human skills, also known as soft skills, involve how well a manager interacts with and works with others. It includes communication, leadership, and teamwork.
- Conceptual skills involve the ability to think strategically, make decisions, and understand how different parts of the organization fit together.
- Good managers have a balance of these skills, depending on their role and the needs of their team or organization.
- Technical skills are important for understanding and performing the tasks associated with the job.
- Human skills are crucial for building positive relationships, motivating employees, and creating a good work environment.
- Conceptual skills help managers see the bigger picture, set goals, and make informed decisions.
- Developing and improving these skills can help managers be more successful in leading teams and achieving organizational goals.