Computer network is defined as a set of interconnected autonomous systems that facilitate distributed processing of information.
Computer network is an interconnection of two or more computers and peripherals such as printers and faxes. Computer network allows the user to share and transfer information using cables or modems within a network.
Need of Computer Networks:
- Computer network allows the user to share data with other users in a network.
- Computer network also allows the user to share resources such as printers and faxes.
- The user can also setup a central system wherein common files and folders which are frequently used by all the users can be stored. All the users within the network can easily access those files.
- If an organization you have several computers but just one phone line, a network makes it easier to use the Internet. Numerous computers can share one modem to use the equivalent Internet connection.
- It is possible to add new systems or servers to an existing network easily. Thus the computer network provides scalability.
Advantages of Computer Network:
1) Central Storage of Data:
Files can be stored on a central node (the file server) that can be shared and made available to each and every user in an organization.
2) Anyone can connect to a computer network:
There is a negligible range of abilities required to connect to a modern computer network. The effortlessness of joining makes it workable for even youthful kids to start exploiting the data.
3) Faster Problem solving:
Since an extensive procedure is disintegrated into a few littler procedures and each is taken care of by all the associated gadgets, an explicit issue can be settled in lesser time.
Reliability implies backing up of information. Due to some reason equipment crash, and so on, the information gets undermined or inaccessible on one PC, another duplicate of similar information is accessible on another workstation for future use, which prompts smooth working and further handling without interruption.
5) It is highly flexible:
This innovation is known to be truly adaptable, as it offers clients the chance to investigate everything about fundamental things, for example, programming without influencing their usefulness.
6) Security through Authorization:
Security and protection of information is additionally settled through system. As just the system clients are approved to get to specific records or applications, no other individual can crack the protection or security of information.
7) It boosts storage capacity:
Since you will share data, records and assets to other individuals, you need to guarantee all information and substance are legitimately put away in the framework. With this systems administration innovation, you can do the majority of this with no issue, while having all the space you requirement for capacity.