C++ Exception Handling
#include < iostream.h>
using namespace std;
cout<<“Enter the value of x:”;
cout<<“Enter the value of y:”;
cout<<“Result=” << x/y;
cout<<“Caught an exception which is:” << y ;
Enter the value of a:
Enter the value of b;
Caught an exception which is:0
First we should know what is exception handling?
Ans. When in a program a situation occurred when program is not able to take decision or result is out of control. Than such conditions are needed to be handled to prevent our program. The reason behind such conditions is known as exceptions.
Some of the examples of exceptions are:
- When divided by zero(o), which is an exception.
- When doing operation of a number with a character, is also an exception.
- Pressing a login button may time after entering credentials, could also be an exception.
So, for handling exceptions in a program which may be in C++, JAVA etc. Concept of exception handling is used.
In exception handling, try and catch blocks are used. In try, throw is also used.
The try block will execute the program, and if any exception occurs it will throw the exception and program control will entered into catch block.
The try block is always used to execute the program and catch block will always handled the exceptions thrown by try block.
MCQs on Exception Handling
Q1. The class at the top of exception class hierarchy is __________.
A. Arithmetic exception
- Sebesta,”Concept of programming Language”, Pearson Edu
- Louden, “Programming Languages: Principles & Practices” , Cengage Learning
- Tucker, “Programming Languages: Principles and paradigms “, Tata McGraw –Hill.
- E Horowitz, “Programming Languages”, 2nd Edition, Addison Wesley