The hardware and software requirements for PHP depend on the specific version of PHP and the web server being used.
- A computer or server with a processor that supports the minimum requirements for the version of PHP being used
- At least 128 MB of RAM (although more is recommended for better performance)
- Adequate storage space for the PHP files and any associated databases or other resources
- PHP interpreter: PHP can be installed as an Apache module or as a standalone FastCGI process. The minimum PHP version required depends on the specific PHP application being used.
- Web server: PHP can be used with several web servers, including Apache, Nginx, and Microsoft IIS.
- Operating system: PHP can be installed on several operating systems, including Windows, Linux, and macOS.
- Database: Many PHP applications require a database, such as MySQL, PostgreSQL, or SQLite.