What is the Code Inspection in Software Testing:
- It is the most formal type of review.
- It is a type of Static testing.
- Its main purpose is to find defects.
- During code inspection documents are prepared and checked thoroughly by the reviewers.
- A separate preparation is carried out to find the defects in product.
- Code inspection in source code before meeting is necessary, which creates consistency.
- Code inspection is based on rules and checklist and makes use of entry and exit criteria.
- Involves peer examination of codes.
- Defects found in code inspection are documented in a logging list or issue log.
- A formal follow up is carried out by the moderator.
What are the Advantages of Code inspection ?
- Code inspection improves overall product quality.
- It find and removes defective efficiently and quickly.
- It learns from previous defects and prevent occurrence same defects.
What are the Disadvantages of Code inspection?
- Extra time and planning is needed.
- Slow process.