- Software testing is a process of executing a program or application with the intent of finding the software bugs.
- It is the process used to identify the correctness, completeness and quality of developed computer software.
- It is a process of verifying and validating a software program or application or product.
Software testing is the part of verification & validation activities.
- Confirming that software meets its specification.
- It makes sure that the product is designed to deliver all functionality to the customer.
- Verification is done at the starting of the development process.
- It includes:
- reviews and meetings,
- inspection, etc. to evaluate documents, plans, code, requirements and specifications.
- It answers the questions like:
- Am I building the product right?
- Confirming that software meets users requirements.
- Determining if the system complies with the requirements and performs functions for which it is intended and meets the organization’s goals and user needs.
- Validation is done at the end of the development process and takes place after verifications are completed.
- It answers the question like:
- Am I building the right product?