Requirements elicitation means requirement gathering.
Which is collection of the requirements of a system by communicating with users, customers, and other stakeholders.
Requirements elicitation methods:
- Survey/Questionnaire: Some questions are submitted to stockholders and their answers are recorded for analysis.
- Document Analysis: Requirements are collected from old product documents.
- Interviews: Requirements are collected by oral or written interviews. Which can be one to one communication with stockholders.
- Observation: By analyzing existing system and its working.
- Brainstorming: From the discussion of stockholders than their discussion is analyzed.
- Prototyping: Collecting the feedback from users by providing demo product.
Requirements elicitation process:
Step 1: Collecting the requirements from all the possible sources.
Step 2: Selecting and prioritizing the requirements
Step 3: Removing ambiguity and conflict from requirements gather.
Step 4: Proper documentation of requirements finalized.